Affordable Family Therapy in Los Angeles
Does your family have difficulty communicating? Do you feel like your parents still don’t hear you even though you’re an adult? Have family secrets and traumas prevented you from being closer with your siblings? Do old arguments spring up every time you’re together? Whatever the reasons for your family strain, Adult Family Therapy at Wright Institute Los Angeles can help!
What is Adult Family Therapy?
Adult Family Therapy is a unique opportunity for family members to meet together with a skilled and professional therapist to talk through issues creating stress, tension and distance. Families are an important source of support and love. When misunderstanding and disagreement goes unaddressed, frustration and tension pushes families apart. A WILA psychotherapist will help your family explore your unique history and identify troublesome family dynamics to get you back on track. Siblings or parent and child dyads are welcome. All participants must be ages 18+. If you and your family members are experiencing complicated family dynamics and feel they are impacting your ability to be loving to one another, then adult family therapy at WILA might be right for you.
Is Adult Family Therapy Right for You?
Adult Family Therapy, or Family Counseling, is designed to help families come together to work collaboratively on issues causing family stress. The therapist helps family members identify the verbal and nonverbal communication styles they use in order to better understand one other in a trusted and supportive environment. Our Los Angeles based, truly low-fee family counseling can be a first step into healing and increased connection between family members.
Common Problems Typically Experienced by Los Angeles Families Include:
- Difficulty communicating
- Fights over important family decisions
- Financial struggles and stressors
- Grief/loss of a beloved family member
- Chronic illness or a sibling
- Divorce or separation
- Aging parents
- Behavioral issues or academic concerns regarding children
- Sibling conflict
- Resentment and anger from early childhood
- Troubled teens
- Substance abuse
- Impact of one family member’s mental health issues
- Building independence in adult children
What to Expect in Adult Family Therapy
In adult family therapy, all interested family members 18+ meet together weekly with one of our skilled and professional therapists. During this 50 minute session, the therapist will help facilitate the process by helping each person communicate their thoughts and feelings. Over time, you will begin to develop understanding and empathy for yourself and your family members while also learning to identify communication patterns that no longer serve you. Moving through this process allows healthier communication to emerge and results in decreased family stress and tension.
If you are located in Los Angeles, CA or in adjacent areas: Westwood, Brentwood, Sawtelle, Culver City, Marina del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Santa Monica, Mid City, West Hollywood, Century City, Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and you’re looking for affordable family therapy, then the Wright Institute Los Angeles could be a good fit.
Why Choose Wright Institute Los Angeles for Family Counseling:
- Fees are based on your actual financial situation
- An alternative for those who do not have adequate health insurance coverage for long-term help
- Easily accessible location near freeways and Metro station
- Flexible scheduling weekdays and evenings
- Diverse group of socially conscious and competent therapists
- Our approach focuses on a deep and dynamic understanding of how a family’s history impacts the family today
- Providing therapy to Los Angeles since 1974
- No arbitrary limits determine the number of sessions you are entitled to
- Our center was thoughtfully designed to be a beautiful, professional, and safe environment
How to Get Started
Please call us at (424) 371-5191 or you may get started online.
A WILA therapist will call to help you decide which therapies might be best for you. It’s our goal to help you find a good match in a therapist and type of service. There is no charge for this confidential conversation.
Wright Institute Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or identity, or sexual or gender identity in the administration of its admissions and educational policies, scholarship awards, training programs, and clinical services. Learn more about what WILA stands for.