Low Cost Group Therapy, Counseling, & Psychotherapy Los Angeles, CA
What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy is a great way to receive gentle feedback in ways that individual therapy simply cannot. Group therapy is also great for those who suffer from anxiety as it takes a lot of the pressure off.
Benefits of Group Therapy in Los Angeles
There are many benefits of group therapy. With group therapy, a therapist can observe the subtle ways in which people interact or relate to others. With individual therapy (link to this page), this is not as easily accomplished as the therapist can only go into the client’s world without ever seeing another side of the situation.
With this said, the benefits of group therapy are as follow:
- Provides extra support that individual therapy cannot.
- Helps promote social skills.
- More affordable than individual therapy.
- Help you understand yourself better.
Please note: Group therapy is not meant to replace or substitute individual therapy, but rather is to be used a supplement tool for maximum growth.
Who is a Candidate for Group Therapy in Los Angeles?
- Grief or Loss
- Substance Abuse (and other twelve step issues)
- Survivors of Sexual Abuse (or other crimes)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chronically Mentally Ill
- Married Couples
- A Multitude of Other Issues
What to Expect from Group Therapy in Los Angeles
To get the most out of your experience with Wright Institute Los Angeles, we encourage all participants to:
- Take a pledge – understanding what you want or expect from group therapy will help you overcome any fears about participating.
- Participate – the more you contribute, the more you will get out of your session.
- Sharing – this goes hand in hand with participating, but choosing to share your own personal stories will help establish trust with your group & you’ll come to learn that it feels good to “get things off of your chest”.
How to Get Started with Group Therapy in Los Angeles?
To get started, please call us @ (424) 371-5191 or conveniently get started online here
Wright Institute Los Angeles (WILA) is a non-profit institution established in 1974 providing affordable, low cost group therapy solutions in Los Angeles, CA for a variety of issues involving anxiety, grief, depression, substance abuse, loss of a loved one, PTSD & much more.
Let us help!
Deciding to find a therapist in Los Angeles can feel like a big step into the unknown.
Wright Institute Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or identity, or sexual or gender identity in the administration of its admissions and educational policies, scholarship awards, training programs, and clinical services.